This course focuses on ‘how to’ activities and practical ways to work in complex situations. You’ll gain business agility knowledge and reflect on how to apply these new skills as your start your business agility journey.
Here's what you'll learn:
- Apply theories, frameworks, and models of business agility
- Investigate and reflect on the impact of leadership and change on organisational culture
- Investigate the importance of organisational culture and how it can be influenced
- Summarise the case for a people-centric approach to organisational working and develop skills to support this
- Explore what agile strategy and governance is and how it can support better organisational performance
- Identify next steps and the key actions you will take towards becoming more agile
This training will benefit the following people:
- Those with a basic understanding of business agility gained through prior experience or study e.g. Business Agility Foundations course
- Those who want to deepen their understanding of business agility frameworks and tools to develop ways to survive and thrive in complex and uncertain environments
- Those looking to broaden their skillset and develop their own practical business agility for current and/or future roles
To get the most from this course:
- Some workplace and/or team-based experience will help you understand the content of the course in the context of a working organisation (of any size, sector, or industry)
- The course material does not assume that learners are currently working. Past experiences will be just as relevant.