This 12-week postgraduate course has been developed with The Open University to provide a solid foundation for agile leadership. It combines research and evidenced-based training with good practice, principles and tools.
Here's what you'll learn:
Discover the key concepts and aims associated with agile leadership
Recognise ways to improve your confidence and skill at leading people in an agile environment
Explore Agile leadership tools, techniques, behaviours and principles
Develop techniques and strategies to empower, steward and support highly engaged teams
Demonstrate your communication and feedback skills and apply strategies for more effective ways of eliciting and utilising the feedback and wisdom in the team
Reflect on your own Agile Leadership style and develop a greater sense of yourself, especially your strengths and positive traits
Evaluate your own approach as an Agile Leader and how you work with your team and the wider organisation
Create and implement an Action Plan to convert the learning on the 9 principles of agile leadership into tangible action in the workplace and at the point of need
This training will benefit the following people:
- Leaders at all levels who want to improve their knowledge of agile and are committed to organisational and cultural change.
- Senior managers in the business, public and third sectors who are new to agile and business agility.
- Those working in an established agile environment who are struggling with the demands of its culture, people and teams.
To get the most from this postgraduate course, you’ll ideally have:
- A bachelor’s degree or an equivalent level qualification; and
- Two years’ experience of working in team-based projects or management roles.
Once you’ve completed the course and passed the final assessment, you’ll be sent an Open University certificate confirming that you’ve received 15 academic credits at Postgraduate Level 7.